Sunday, July 20, 2008

Doctor on the move

This is a story that happened on another rainy day.
I was coming back from the hospital library at around 10 PM.It was raining and the weather was foul.Suddenly,the bike in front of me skid and the 2 people on it fell off.I got down form my bike,parked it by the roadside and went to their aid.Imagine their plight when a stranger who is in a debatably presentable condition introduces himself as a doctor and offers a free check-up right by the roadside.They turned out to be fine with only minor scratches and I continued my journey.
A few days after this,when I was going to the hospital in the morning, another set of people in front of me managed to fall off from their bike.The pillion rider turned out to be a pregnant lady and she was bleeding from her scalp wound(a small one).Luckily,a gentleman in a big SUV offered to take the bikers to a nearby hospital and I went on.
All this brings me to the question-How safe are we travelling on these roads?Whenever I travel in my car,I am thankful for the days it doesn't get dented.
Moral of the story-There is none!Advice to myself-Be prepared for accidents ,both to self and to others.

No comments:

 
Support Wikipedia